Power & Water Editor at MEED.
Follow Andrew Roscoe on Twitter @MEEDandrew
- Tel: +971 (0)4 818 0237
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saudi firm’s rise demonstrates local companies can play major part in utility sector
The group’s success in winning Kuwait’s first independent water and power project has bolstered its dominance in the GCC’s private developer market
Work will involve building three desalination plants
- Qatar awards mega reservoirs contracts
- Saudi Aramco tenders 2,500 villa contract
- Muscat gears up to meet demand
- Siemens low bidder for Jebel Ali M Station expansion
- Four groups submit bids for $2.6bn Saudi medical city
- Dubai serious about power
- Dubai receives bids for 600MW power plant expansion
Syria’s neighbouring Arab states are gradually losing patience with crackdown on civilians
The progress of planned hotel projects is becoming an increasingly important indicator of hotel performance in the Middle East.
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum, president of the Dubai Department of Civil Aviation (DCA), has been awarded the Arabian Hotel Investment Conference (AHIC) outstanding achievement award.