News Editor at MEED.
Follow Colin Foreman on Twitter @MEEDColin
- Tel: +971 (0)4 818 0238
- E-mail: email@example.com
Dubai and Abu Dhabi-based firms will receive preferential treatment
US consultant Louis Berger will provice engineering services for Jordan airport
Abu Dhabi is funding the development programme
- Dubai developer receives bids for 100-storey tower
- Omniyat and Drake & Scull form partnership for Palm Jumeirah tower
- Qatar tenders Al-Khor stadium construction
- Doha tenders World Cup stadium
- Trojan wins Palm Jumeirah construction contract
- HOK and Arup win more Dubai Expo masterplanning
- Kuwait University tenders building work
Contract values expected to grow by at least 10 per cent in 2012
Visits to Doha from Dubai are a far more sociable affair than they used to be. In the past a trip to Qatar normally meant lonely nights in a hotel room catching up with emails and work.
People in Doha say it is the stadiums planned for the 2022 Fifa World Cup. Others say it is the proposed rail and metro networks. Some say it is the port or the airport, both of which are currently under construction. And some still say it is in the on hold causeway that will connect Qatar with Bahrain.
- Accepting debt
- Palm Island is here to stay
- Summer is already here for contractors in the UAE