News Editor at MEED.
Follow Colin Foreman on Twitter @MEEDColin
- Tel: +971 (0)4 818 0238
- E-mail: email@example.com
Faced with an economic storm in 2015, the emirate’s response has been to plan for the long term
Challenging year ahead is not cause for worry yet
Plan Dubai 2021 outlines goals for the next seven years
- Nakheel to award $2bn of construction contracts
- Habtoor Leighton in front for Emirates flight catering
- Oman receives bids for cultural complex
- Dubai tenders Al-Maktoum airport terminal expansion
- Dubai tenders museum construction deal
- Aramco appoints project managers for stadiums
- Expo progress will reverse declining sentiment
Contract values expected to grow by at least 10 per cent in 2012
Visits to Doha from Dubai are a far more sociable affair than they used to be. In the past a trip to Qatar normally meant lonely nights in a hotel room catching up with emails and work.
People in Doha say it is the stadiums planned for the 2022 Fifa World Cup. Others say it is the proposed rail and metro networks. Some say it is the port or the airport, both of which are currently under construction. And some still say it is in the on hold causeway that will connect Qatar with Bahrain.
- Accepting debt
- Palm Island is here to stay
- Summer is already here for contractors in the UAE