News Editor at MEED.
Follow Colin Foreman on Twitter @MEEDColin
- Tel: +971 (0)4 818 0238
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More time needed to evaluate bids for construction of 11 stadiums
Abu Dhabi body has been evaluating bids since March
New contractors will be invited to work in the kingdom to take pressure off existing, overloaded players
- Removal of kingdom's bidding barriers only first step
- Aramco plans to award stadiums on 20 November
- Dubai Tram ready to roll
- Contractors bid for Saudi-Bahrain causeway dredging
- Gulf Related to open Abu Dhabi mall in 2018
- Firms invited to prequalify for Kuwait airport runways
- Dubai officially announces Dubal Holding
Contract values expected to grow by at least 10 per cent in 2012
Visits to Doha from Dubai are a far more sociable affair than they used to be. In the past a trip to Qatar normally meant lonely nights in a hotel room catching up with emails and work.
People in Doha say it is the stadiums planned for the 2022 Fifa World Cup. Others say it is the proposed rail and metro networks. Some say it is the port or the airport, both of which are currently under construction. And some still say it is in the on hold causeway that will connect Qatar with Bahrain.
- Accepting debt
- Palm Island is here to stay
- Summer is already here for contractors in the UAE