News Editor at MEED.
Follow Colin Foreman on Twitter @MEEDColin
- Tel: +971 (0)4 818 0238
- E-mail: email@example.com
US/French joint venture will project manage Doha metro systems and rolling stock
Dubai Municipality receives three proposals for Al-Awir facility expansion
Dubai Metro tender contract covers engineering for Expo rail link
- Sheikh Mohammed to visit Iran
- Rail projects to remain in spotlight
- Contractors submit bids for more Doha Metro work
- Bringing the region's services to life
- Qatar awards first World Cup stadium construction contract
- Adapting to shifting construction project dynamics
- Dubai receives bids for double-decking of Sheikh Zayed Road
Contract values expected to grow by at least 10 per cent in 2012
Visits to Doha from Dubai are a far more sociable affair than they used to be. In the past a trip to Qatar normally meant lonely nights in a hotel room catching up with emails and work.
People in Doha say it is the stadiums planned for the 2022 Fifa World Cup. Others say it is the proposed rail and metro networks. Some say it is the port or the airport, both of which are currently under construction. And some still say it is in the on hold causeway that will connect Qatar with Bahrain.
- Accepting debt
- Palm Island is here to stay
- Summer is already here for contractors in the UAE