Saudi Arabia Construction Cost and Outlook Report
A comprehensive source of construction cost data in the Middle East.
The Saudi Arabia Construction Cost and Outlook report reviews the change in global commodity prices over the last decade and the main econometrics that have a strong correlation to changes in historical costs for each of the GCC countries.
Published by MEED Cost Indices (MCI), the data used to develop this forecast has been exclusively sourced from more than 200 regional construction projects from a wide range of organizations.
Along with detailed analysis of Saudi construction costs, this report offers you exclusive and detailed insight into:
- The costs of main construction materials, equipment, labour and fuel for KSA, Qatar & UAE
- Existing cement production and future facilities
- Projected demand for cement
- Existing rebar production and future distribution facilities in Qatar
- Projected demand for rebar in Qatar
- The updated Tender Price Index forecast for KSA, Qatar & UAE
“When photographs from the year 2000 are placed next to more recent photos of the major cities in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, it is hard to digest that all this change happened in just over a decade. During this time the construction industry experienced unprecedented growth and decline with the onset of the 2008 financial crises. In 2011 the Arab Spring brought focus to the need for social investment by these governments. It is against this backdrop that MCI has compiled its 3rd quarterly report investigating the key drivers affecting the construction industry.” says Emil Rademeyer, General Manager, MEED Cost Indices.
This latest report from MCI forecasts construction costs in Saudi Arabia and focuses on costs for the infrastructure and real estate sectors spread across the following sub-sectors: transport, social infrastructure, residential, commercial, education, leisure and entertainment, and retail.
The report explains in detail how and why the index has been created, explains the need for such a tool, analyses the factors that have influenced the price movements over the past decade and looks ahead to how these may affect the index in the future. In addition it offers you in depth insight into the supply and demand of cement in Saudi Arabia highlighting its forecast surplus production. The total installed cement production capacity is forecasted to increase from over 50 million tons per annum to well over 60 million tons by 2015. The demand for cement falls well short of the installed capacity but from looking at demand centres and supply centres it is clear that logistical challenges could potentially create localized shortages.
The Saudi Arabia Construction Cost and Outlook report also investigates the demand for rebar in Qatar from 2012-17. The report finds that current installed capacity rebar production is well placed to handle forecast demand which is set to increase by 72 per cent from levels in 2012 to 2015.
To access exclusive data, research and analysis along with many tables, graphs and charts, you can order your copy here.
MCI can help you to minimise your financial risk on projects through a series of new construction cost reports covering the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. These reports will provide you with exclusive research, data and analysis and you can benefit from a special bundle offer if you decide to purchase the three reports.
To find out more about this report, please contact us today.
Telephone: +971 (0) 4 367 1302
About MEED Cost Indices:
MCI is the Middle East’s first Tender Price Index - a premium subscription-only construction index. It will offer you means of identifying and managing escalation related risk in the construction sector. This valuable risk assessment tool covers the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
MEED Cost Indices can help you to:
- Track the actual construction cost for building projects in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia
- Track actual component costs such as concrete, reinforcing steel and other items
- Forecast into five years of construction costs in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia
- Calculate your projects’ escalation
- Provide location cost comparison factors for multiple cities
- Forecast industry spend across the GCC which affect pricing
- Build customised indices relevant to their project
Premium Market Intelligence reports
MEED Cost Indices can also help you to minimise your financial risk on projects through a series of new construction cost reports covering the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. These reports will provide you with exclusive research, data and analysis.
Our current off-the-shelf reports include:
- UAE Construction Cost Report 2012
- Qatar Construction Cost and Outlook Report 2012
- Saudi Arabia Construction Cost and Outlook Report 2012
To find out how MEED Cost Indices can help you gain critical business insight, please submit your details on our contact form below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +971 (0) 4 367 1302