Local developer Aabar Properties has set a 20 November closing date for the contract to build a five-star hotel in Abu Dhabi.
The previous closing date was 8 November.
The project is located at the Saraya development on Abu Dhabi Island’s corniche. It involves building a Hard Rock hotel with five basement levels, four podium levels, 32 floors and four levels of services. The project manager is Australia’s Confluence.
The prospective bidders include:
- Al-Futtaim Carillion (local/UK)
- Arabian Construction Company (local/Lebanon)
- Arabtec Construction (local)
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation (China)
- Habtoor Leighton Group (local/Australia)
- Murray & Roberts Contractors (South Africa)
In May, China State Construction Engineering Corporation signed an agreement with Aabar to develop $2bn of real estate projects in Abu Dhabi. Although the details of the projects were not disclosed, the Beijing-based contractor said funding for the projects will be provided by the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
Aabar is developing other major projects in the UAE capital. In late April, it awarded the local Arabtec Construction an estimated AED222m ($60m) contract to build a residential development on Abu Dhabi’s Reem Island.