Emiri decrees reshuffle executive council
UAE President and Abu Dhabi Ruler Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed has issued a decree retaining Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan as chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council, in addition to serving as Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed al-Nahyan also stays as the Executive Councils vice-chairman, according to the state-controlled Emirates News Agency (WAM). Four new members have been inducted into the executive council: Riyad Abdulrahman al-Mubarak, finance department chairman; Sheikh Abdullah bin Mohammed al-Hamed, chairman of the energy authority; Ali Rashid al-Nuaimi, vice-chancellor of UAE University, who has been appointed director-general of the Abu Dhabi Education Council; and Awaida Murshed al-Marar, chairman of the Department of Municipal Affairs and Transport.
The members of the executive council now comprise:
- Sheikh Hamad bin Zayed al-Nahyan, chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Princes Court
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa al-Nahyan
- Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoun al-Nahyan
- Ahmed Mubarak al-Mazrouei, secretary-general of executive council
- Khaldoun Khalifa al-Mubarak, chairman of executive affairs authority
- Mugheer Khamis al-Khaili, chairman of Abu Dhabi Health Authority
- Saeed Eid al-Ghafli, chairman of executive office
- Ali Majed al-Mansouri, chairman of economic development
- Mohammed Khalfan al-Romaithi, commander-in-chief of Abu Dhabi Police
- Riyad Abdulrahman al-Mubarak, chairman of finance department
- Abdullah bin Mohammed al-Hamed, chairman of energy authority
- Ali Rashid al-Nuaimi, director-general of Abu Dhabi Education Council
- Awaida Murshed al- Marar, chairman of Department of Municipal Affairs and Transport
A separate federal decree also named Sheikh Khalid bin Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, son of the Abu Dhabi crown prince, as chairman of the state security department. The new role is of ministerial level, with the appointment coming a day after the new cabinet members were sworn into office.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.