Al-Nobaria-Dashour pipeline to be completed within the next eight weeks
State-owned Egyptian Natural Gas Company (Gasco) will see its delayed gas pipeline from Al-Nobaria to Dashour completed within the next eight weeks.
After seeing some problems and delays last year the project is seeing good progress and is set to be finished in two months, said a person with knowledge of pipelines construction.
The main construction contract was awarded to a joint venture of state-controlled companies Petrojet and Enppi in 2009.
Initially it was expected to be completed by September 2012, but delays related to political unrest meant that it exceeded its original time frame.
The pipeline extends from Al-Nobaria, in Alexandria governorate, through Sadat to Dahshur in Giza, a route of 145 kilometres.
The project includes:
- Al Nobaria to El Sadat pipeline (70km, 36-inch diameter)
- El Sadat to Dahshour pipeline (75km, 42in diameter)
- Gas tanks
- Fire water tanks
- Line displacement tank
- Administrative building ,control room, electrical sub-station and transformer yard
- Supply and installation of high-tension (HT) and low-voltage (LV) switchgear and switchboards
- Utility block
- Fire water network for firefighting
- Pump house and manifold area
- Fire water pump house
- Security room
- Associated facilities
US construction consultant Hill International acted as project management consultant (PMC) on the project.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.