- Package four was retendered in May
- The scope of the package includes tankage, piping and underground works
- A consortium of Saipem and Essar is low-bidder on the package
The winner of the final package of the Al-Zour New Refinery Project will be named in less than four week according to a public sector source that spoke to Meed under the condition of anonymity.
Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) is looking to name the winner of package four soon, the source said. The winner is likely to be announced in less than two weeks, and will definitely be revealed in less than four weeks.
KNPC retendered package four in May in an attempt to cut costs and secure a lower price, but the retender produced a low bid that was KD68m ($224m) more than the original low bid of KD407m.
The scope of package four includes storage tanks, piping and underground works.
A consortium of Italian contractor Saipem and Indias Essar has submitted a low bid of KD475m ($1.57bn) for the tankage package of the Al-Zour new refinery.
The full list of bidders on package four is:
- Saipem (Italy) / Essar (India) KD475m
- Daelim (South Korea) KD498m
- Daewoo (South Korea) KD532m
- Petrofac (UK) / Hyundai Heavy Industries (South Korea) KD615m
The winners of packages one, two, three and five, worth a total of $11.5bn, were named on 28 July by Kuwaits Central Tenders Committee (CTC).