Algeria and Baker Hughes to form new company

12 November 2017
Joint company will develop manufacturing facility in the port city of Arzew

Algeria’s state-owned energy company Sonatrach has signed an agreement to form a new company in partnership with US oil services company Baker Hughes.

The new company will develop a 20,000 square metre manufacturing facility in the Arzew Industrial Zone in Algeria, which will have the capacity to develop new and perform maintenance of existing oil field equipment. Sonatrach will hold 51 per cent shares in the new joint venture company, with Baker Hughes, owned by the US’ GE, holding the remaining 49 per cent.

The facility is planned to be operational in December 2019, with the new company providing a combined investment of $45m to support the plant and operations. The Arzew facility will provide training for more than 200 engineers during the first seven years of operation.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications