Algeria’s La Compagnie de l’Engineering de l’Electricité et du Gaz (CEEG) has invited bids to build a series of electricity transmission projects.
The winning bidders will supply, assemble and start-up the lines. The contracts on offer are:
- Extension of the 400kV Berrouaghia-Khemis transmission line from Berrouaghia to Bir Ghbalou (70 kilometres)
- Extension of the 400kV Berrouaghia-Khemis transmission line to Hassi Ameur (310 km)
- Fix two 30 km lines at Oued El Abtal in the 400kV Khemis-Hassi Ameur line
- Install a line between Djelfa and Bir Ghbalou and another between Tilghemt and Hassi R’Mel as part of the 400kV Hassi R’Mel-Bir Ghbalou line (265 km)
- Install 400kV line between El Milia and Oued Athmania (75 km)
- Install 400kV line between El Milia and Salah Bey (153 km)
- Install 400kV line between Jijel and El Milia 1 and 2 (40 km each)
Bids are to be submitted in two phases. Technical offers will be presented first with a deadline of 27 September.
Those that pass the first phase will be asked to submit commercial offers. Each project is to be completed within 18 months from the award date.