Alghanim submitted second-lowest bid for the Kuwait cultural complex contract
Kuwaits Amiri Diwan has awarded a $416m contract to local Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company for the construction of the Abdullah al-Salem cultural complex in the Al-Samiya area. The scope of work for the contract calls for the design, construction and maintenance of the cultural complex.
A total of six local companies were prequalified to bid for the tender, which was opened on 3 November. Local Al-Hani Construction & Trading Company was the low bidder for the contract, with a price of $409.4m. Alghanim submitted the second-lowest bid.
Amiri Diwan has also opened bids for the contract to build the Jaber al-Ahmad cultural centre in the Al-Samiya area. Al-Hani was the lowest bidder for the contract.
Following is the complete list of bidders for the contract to build the Jaber al-Ahmad centre:
- Al-Hani Construction & Trading Company (local) ($835.3m)
- Combined Group Contracting Company (local) ($971.8m)
- Al-Ahmadiah Contracting and Trading Company (local) ($1.02bn)
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company (local) ($1.04bn)
- Sayed Hameed Behbehani & Sons Company (local) ($1.1bn)
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.