- Owner Saudi Aramco
- Parent Project Arabiyah-Hasbah Development Programme
- Location Saudi Arabia, Ash-Sharqiyah (Eastern Province), Dhahran
- Status Execution
- Classification Gas Processing Plant, Gas Processing
- Contract ($m) $1,500m
- Contract Type Engineering, procurement and contracting (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q1 2016
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Saudi Aramco is developing its gas reserves in order to meet demand from Saudi Arabia’s growing industrial sector and as feedstock for domestic petrochemicals companies.
The Arabiyah-Hasbah development is a part of its Wasit gas development program. Arabiyah is one of two offshore, non-associated gas fields that Saudi Aramco is developing. The other is Hasbah.
The two fields are expected to supply 1.7 billion cubic feet a day of gas.
The Arabiyah gas development program includes gas processing facilities, platforms and subsea pipelines that will be built at the 900,000 barrels a day (b/d) Manifa oilfield.
This phase covers the construction of the gas processing plant located adjacent to Manifa Central Processing Facility. Work includes two gas processing trains, gas handling, gas sweetening, acid gas enrichment, gas dehydration and supplementary propane refrigeration.
- Research MEED’s archive on the Arabiyah-Hasbah Development Programme