- Owner Saudi Aramco
- Parent Project Arabiyah-Hasbah Development Programme
- Location Saudi Arabia, Ash-Sharqiyah (Eastern Province), Dhahran
- Status Execution
- Classification Gas Processing Plant, Gas Processing
- Contract ($m) $1,500m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q4 2015
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Saudi Aramco wants to increase the production of sales gas, so that it is available in commercial quantities. To do this so that it can meet demand from Saudi Arabia’s industrial sector and supply gas as feedstock for petrochemical facilities, it needs to develop its reserves.
The Arabiyah-Hasbah development is a part of Wasit gas development programme. Arabiyah is one of two offshore non-associated gas fields that Saudi Aramco discovered. The other is Hasbah.
The two fields are expected to supply 1.8 billion cubic feet a day (cf/d) of gas.
The Arabiyah gas development programme includes gas processing facilities, platforms and subsea pipelines that will be built at the 900,000 barrels a day (b/d) Manifa oilfield. This profile covers the construction of four sulphur recovery units, each with a capacity of 1,200 tonnes a day (t/d).
- Research MEED’s archive on the Arabiyah-Hasbah Development Programme