Kuwait’s Electricity & Water Ministry has extended the deadline for bids to build and maintain a drinking water complex at Al-Zour.
Bidders now have until 26 October to respond to the request for proposals (RFP) instead of the earlier 26 September deadline. The tender has already faced multiple delays. Bids were originally to be submitted in 21 April 2009.
The ministry has prequalified various companies and groups for the Al-Zour 2 project. The prequalifiers include:
- Hitachi Corporation (Japan)
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting (local)
- SK Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- ABB (Switzerland)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- SNC Lavalin (Canada)
- Marubeni Corporation (Japan)
- Saipem (Italy)
- The Arab Contractors (Egypt)
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction (South Korea)
The successful bidder will construct, complete and maintain the Al-Zour 2 complex.