Originally the date set by the client, Kuwait’s Ministry of Public Works was 9 April. According to one contractor who is bidding for the project, however, at the pre-tender meeting there was a unanimous request for an extension to the deadline because of the size of the scope of work.
The hospital, which will have 1,050 beds is located in South Surra and will be the largest hospital in the state when it is completed in 2011.
The local/US team of Gulf Consult and the US’ Langdon Wilson is the design consultant (MEED 19:01:08).
Prequalifiers (local unless stated):
1. China Railway Construction Company (CRCC) with Combined Group
2. China Gezhouba Water & Power with United Gulf Construction Company
3. GS Engineering & Construction Corporation (South Korea) with Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading
4. Metag Insaat Ticaret (Turkey) with Al-Hani Construction & Trading
5. Posco Engineering & Costruction (South Korea) with Syed Hamid Behbehani & Sons
6. Samwhan Corporation (South Korea) with Mushrif Trading & Contracting
7. Sinohydro Corporation, China, with Copri Construction Enterprises
8. SK Engineering & Construction, South Korea, with First Kuwait General Trading & Contracting
9. Arab Contractors (Osman Ahmed Osman), Egypt, with Kuwait Arab Contractors
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.