Kuwait University has extended the bid submission date for the contract to build, operate and manage two service stations and annexed buildings at the new Sabah al-Salem University campus to 7 December.
The previous submission date was 23 November. It is understood that the extension has been given to give contractors more time to work on their submissions.
The prequalified contractors for the construction package include:
- Athens-based Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC)
- Sinohydro Corporation (China)
- Nurol Construction & Trading Company (Turkey)
- SNC Lavalin UK (UK) and Alamiah Building Company (local)
- Sembawang Engineers & Constructors (Singapore)
- Saudi Binladin Group (Saudi Arabia)
- Orascom Construction Industries (Egypt)
- SK Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- Posco Engineering & Construction Company (South Korea)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
The project is the latest of a number of construction packages that have been tendered for the new Sabah al-Salem campus, which will be located at Shadadiyah, 20km west of Kuwait City.
Prequalified groups have until 12 December to submit bids for the main construction package. About 28 consortiums consisting of international and local contractors have been prequalified for the tender.
The College of Science and Faculty Club will consist of three primary elements: a men’s campus, women’s campus and a faculty club.
The male campus will consist of separate structures linked by bridges, and the female section will consist of six separate structures linked by bridges. The faculty club will be a single building between the male and female sections and will also be connected by bridges.
The winning contractor will be in charge of building the main buildings and a vehicular tunnel. The scope of works also includes landscaping and the provision of irrigation systems (MEED 2:11:10).