Seven prequalified companies submit bids for front-end engineering and project management contract
The state-owned Oman Refineries and Petrochemicals Company (ORPC) received bids for the front-end engineering and project management contract on its $200m Sohar refinery expansion project.
The project involves boosting the 220,000 barrels-a-day facility’s crude and long residue capacity
The tender was released after the project’s feasibility study was approved by Oman’s Financial Affairs & Energy Resources Council. An award is expected before the end of 2010.
Prequalified companies who have submitted bids:
- Engineers India (India): $31m
- WorleyParsons (Australia): $52m
- Tecnicas Reunidas (Spain): $25m
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Lummus (US): $39m
- Shaw Energy & Chemicals Group (US): $40m
- APS Engineering (Italy): $21m
- Oil Industries Engineering & Construction (Iran): $41m
The project involves boosting the 220,000 barrels-a-day facility’s crude and long residue capacity, as well as increasing naphtha capacity to 1.5 million tonnes a year.
The tender for the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for the refinery, located at the Sohar Port in northern Oman, is expected to be released in the fourth quarter of 2011.
ORPC is owned by the Finance Ministry, which has a 75 per cent share and the Oman Oil Company that has the remaining 25 per cent.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.