Twelve firms in the running for latest package
- 12 companies submit bids for package 11 of Batinah Expressway
- Work involves construction of connecting roads and interchanges
- Commercial bids to be opened soon
12 companies have submitted technical bids for a contract to build package 11 of the Batinah Expressway in Oman.
The final package involves the construction of connecting roads and interchanges.
The bidders are:
- Strabag (Austria)
- Sezai Turkes - Feyzi Akkaya (Turkey)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- Ozkar Construction (Turkey)
- Al-Wataniyah United Engineering & Company (local)
- Federici Sterling Batco (local)
- Onur International (Turkey)
- Shapoorji Pallonji (India)
- Galfar Engineering & Construction (local)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Gharbia Enterprises Establishment (local)
- Khalid bin Ahmed & Sons (local)
The tender board has not set a date for commercial bid opening.
The client is the Transport & Communications Ministry.
The 265-kilometre-long Batinah Expressway will be Omans biggest road scheme and will link Muscat to the UAE border.
The ministry signed an RO142.5m ($370m).contract with Indias Nagarjuna Construction Company for package two of the scheme on 17 March.
Bids for expressway packages seven to 10 were submitted in January. The work involves 170 kilometres of connecting roads and interchanges.
Technical bids have also gone in for a contract to dualise the Samail Al-Madrah road. The two towns, in the Al-Dakhiliyah and South Al-Batinah governorates respectively, are separated by a mountain range.
Five companies submitted technical bids:
- Al-Wataniyah United Engineering & Company
- Abu Hatim Company (local)
- Egyptian Contracting Company & Partners (Egypt)
- Al-Hajiry Trading (local)
- Ozkar Construction
Oman is investing heavily in roads and transport infrastructure as it attempts to diversify its economy by becoming a logistics hub.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.