Oman’s Public Authority for Electricity & Water (PAEW) has received bids to build a desalination plant at Al-Awaifiya in the wilayat of Bahla.
Five companies (all local) submitted bids with prices as follows:
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting – RO1.44m ($3.74m)
- Al-Ansari Trading Enterprise – RO1.09m
- Oman National Engineering and Investment Company – RO1.05m
- Global Chemicals & Maintenance System – RO1.20m and alternative bids of RO1.17m
- National United Engineering Construction Company – RO1.74m
The winning bidder will construct, operate and maintain the project, which will have a capacity of 200 cubic metres-a-day (cm/d).
This is the second time that PAEW has tendered the contract to build the project. Egypt’s International Desalination & Water Treatment offered the lowest bid to build the project in July 2009. The company submitted three prices ranging from RO648,000 to RO728,000.
International Desalination & Water Treatment bought tender documents for the latest tender, but did not bid for the contract.
Oman National Engineering & Investment Company (ONEIC) bid RO878,133 in the first tender. The local Al-Rafaa Trading & Contracting submitted two prices, RO995,575 and RO1.01m.