Bids studied for Zadco stake

12 July 2002

The Supreme Petroleum Council is expected to make an award by December of a 28 per cent stake in offshore operator Zakum Development Company (Zadco)to an international oil company (IOC). Bids are under evaluation from five IOCs - the UK's BP, TotalFinaElf of France, Japan Oil Development Company (Jodco), and ExxonMobil Corporation and ChevronTexaco Corporation, both of the US (MEED 6:10:00).

At present, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) owns 88 per cent of Zadco, and Jodco holds the remaining 12 per cent. The sale of a 28 per cent stake to an IOC will result in ADNOC reducing its share to 60 per cent.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications