- Ministry of Public Works receives bids for $711m of road works
- Combined Group Contracting Company, Ahmadiah Contracting and Kuwait Arab Contractors submit low bids
- Al-Ghouse road crucial for alleviating congestion
Local contractors have submitted low bids totalling $711m for three packages on the Al-Ghouse road upgrade project in Kuwait.
The Ministry of Public Works project covers 30 kilometres of maintenance, rehabilitation and construction work.
The local Combined Group Contracting Company (CGCC) submitted a low bid of $256m for the first package from the Fifth Ring road to the Sixth Ring road. CGCCs price is about 2 per cent lower than the offer of $261m submitted by Athens-based Consolidated Contractors Company.
The local Ahmadiah Contracting is the low bidder, with a price of $234m, for the second package from the Sabah al-Salem area to the Seventh Ring road. The price is just $1m lower than the offer submitted by Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction.
Kuwait Arab Contractors submitted the lowest price of $221m for the final package from the Seventh Ring road to the Fahaheel-Ahmadi road. The firms offer is about 2.6 per cent lower than the $227m offer submitted by CGCC.
The work on Al-Ghouse road is considered crucial since it functions as a major collector road distributing local traffic and running parallel to major roads including the Fahaheel Expressway (route 30) and King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz road (route 40).
Full bid results
- Combined Group Contracting Company (local) – $256m
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC; Athens-based) – $261m
- Ahmadiah Contracting (local) – $265m
- KCC Engineering & Contracting (local) – $265m
- Kuwait Arab Contractors (local) – $270m
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction (local) – $277m
- Alghanim International (local) – $280m
- Ahmadiah Contracting – $234m
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction – $235m
- Kuwait Arab Contractors – $237m
- Combined Group Contracting Company – $239m
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin al-Kharafi & Sons – $239m
- CCC – $240m
- Green Line General Trading – $243m
- Alghanim International General Trading – $245m
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting – $246m
- Kuwait Arab Contractors – $221m
- Combined Group Contracting Company – $227m
- Ahmadiah Contracting – $228m
- CCC – $234m
- Jumbo International General Trading & Contracting (local) – $239m
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction – $241m
- Alghanim International – $242m