Local firms dominate bidding for construction and maintenance of 30 kilometres of road
- Ministry of Public Works receives bids for $711m of road works
- Combined Group Contracting Company, Ahmadiah Contracting and Kuwait Arab Contractors submit low bids
- Al-Ghouse road crucial for alleviating congestion
Local contractors have submitted low bids totalling $711m for three packages on the Al-Ghouse road upgrade project in Kuwait.
The Ministry of Public Works project covers 30 kilometres of maintenance, rehabilitation and construction work.
The local Combined Group Contracting Company (CGCC) submitted a low bid of $256m for the first package from the Fifth Ring road to the Sixth Ring road. CGCCs price is about 2 per cent lower than the offer of $261m submitted by Athens-based Consolidated Contractors Company.
The local Ahmadiah Contracting is the low bidder, with a price of $234m, for the second package from the Sabah al-Salem area to the Seventh Ring road. The price is just $1m lower than the offer submitted by Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction.
Kuwait Arab Contractors submitted the lowest price of $221m for the final package from the Seventh Ring road to the Fahaheel-Ahmadi road. The firms offer is about 2.6 per cent lower than the $227m offer submitted by CGCC.
The work on Al-Ghouse road is considered crucial since it functions as a major collector road distributing local traffic and running parallel to major roads including the Fahaheel Expressway (route 30) and King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz road (route 40).
Full bid results
- Combined Group Contracting Company (local) - $256m
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC; Athens-based) - $261m
- Ahmadiah Contracting (local) - $265m
- KCC Engineering & Contracting (local) - $265m
- Kuwait Arab Contractors (local) - $270m
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction (local) - $277m
- Alghanim International (local) - $280m
- Ahmadiah Contracting - $234m
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction - $235m
- Kuwait Arab Contractors - $237m
- Combined Group Contracting Company - $239m
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin al-Kharafi & Sons - $239m
- CCC - $240m
- Green Line General Trading - $243m
- Alghanim International General Trading - $245m
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting - $246m
- Kuwait Arab Contractors - $221m
- Combined Group Contracting Company - $227m
- Ahmadiah Contracting - $228m
- CCC - $234m
- Jumbo International General Trading & Contracting (local) - $239m
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction - $241m
- Alghanim International - $242m
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.