- Contract part of Algerian Midstream Pipeline gas project
- Dodsal and ABB also bid for project
Italian contractor Bonatti is the frontrunner in the bidding for a contract to construct a gas compressor station as part of the Algerian Midstream Pipeline project, which is expected to be awarded by Sonatrach, Algerias state-owned energy company, over the coming weeks.
The compressor is part of the package known as Package II GR4.
Dubai-based Dodsal and Switzerlands ABB also bid for the scheme.
Dodsal is already executing two other compressor station contracts for the Midstream Pipeline project, with a total value of about $850m.
The Midstream Pipeline network is aimed primarily at providing extra quantities of gas to meet the countrys export and power generation requirements.
Midstream Pipeline Project Packages
Package I GK3
- Construction of 275-kilometre pipeline from Hassi Rmel oil and gas gathering complex to Chaiba
- Construction of 160km pipeline from Chaiba to Mechantine in northeast, where it will connect with Skikda megastring network
- Construction of 261km road between Mechantine and El-Kala
- Installation of major gas compression station at Chaiba
- Compressor station at Mechtatine for 48-inch gas pipeline at Hassi Rmel, Skikda
Package II GR4
- Construction of 532km pipeline between Rhourde Nouss oil and gas field and Hassi Rmel
- Compressor station
- Associated facilities
- Installation of 48-inch diameter pipeline between Hassi Rmel and Sougueur
- Liquefied petroleum gas pumping station
- Reggane (Adrar) to Hassi Rmel (Laghouat) pipeline running for 783km
- Phase 1: construction of 48-inch diameter pipeline from Reggane to Krechba running for 309km
- Phase 2: construction of 48-inch diameter pipeline from Krechba linking Hassi Rmel running for 474km