The compressor is part of the Algerian Midstream Pipeline project
- Dodsal and ABB also bid for project
- Italys Bonatti was low-bidder
- The Midstream Pipeline project aims to help meet Algerian gas demand
The Italian contractor Bonatti has won the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract to construct a gas compressor station as part of the Algerian Midstream Pipeline project.
The client is Algerias state-owned energy company, Sonatrach, and the compressor is part of the package known as Package II GR4.
Dubai-based Dodsal, Chinas CPECC, and Switzerlands ABB also bid for the contract.
Dodsal is already executing two other compressor station contracts for the Midstream Pipeline project, with a total value of about $850m.
The Midstream Pipeline network is aimed primarily at providing extra quantities of gas to meet the countrys export and power generation requirements.
Midstream Pipeline Project Packages
Package I GK3
- Construction of 275-kilometre pipeline from Hassi Rmel oil and gas gathering complex to Chaiba
- Construction of 160km pipeline from Chaiba to Mechantine in northeast, where it will connect with Skikda megastring network
- Construction of 261km road between Mechantine and El-Kala
- Installation of major gas compression station at Chaiba
- Compressor station at Mechtatine for 48-inch gas pipeline at Hassi Rmel, Skikda
Package II GR4
- Construction of 532km pipeline between Rhourde Nouss oil and gas field and Hassi Rmel
- Compressor station
- Associated facilities
- Installation of 48-inch diameter pipeline between Hassi Rmel and Sougueur
- Liquefied petroleum gas pumping station
- Reggane (Adrar) to Hassi Rmel (Laghouat) pipeline running for 783km
- Phase 1: construction of 48-inch diameter pipeline from Reggane to Krechba running for 309km
- Phase 2: construction of 48-inch diameter pipeline from Krechba linking Hassi Rmel running for 474km
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.