The Oman Tourism Development Company (Omran) has received bids from firms for the contract to supervise construction work on its on its convention and exhibition centre development near Muscat International airport.
The bidders are:
- KEO International Consultants (local/Kuwait)
- Dar SSH (Kuwait)
- Hoehler & Partner (local/Germany)
- Triad Oman Consultants International Engineering Consultants (local)
- Al-Saqf Engineering Consultancy (local)
- Axis Engineering Consultants (local)
- Atkins (UK)
The selected consultant will be tasked with supervising the construction of exhibition halls, a multi-storey car park and an energy centre.
The work is currently being tendered and contractors are preparing to submit bids on 13 August.
The contractors that have collected documents for the contract are:
- Taylor Woodrow (UK)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based)
- Douglas OHI (local/UK)
- Carillion Alawi local/UK)
- Al-Habtoor Leighton Group (UAE/Australia), Oman Shapoorji Construction Company (local/India)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting (local)
- Strabag (Austria)
- TAV Construction (Turkey)
- Xino Infrastructures (China)/National United Engineering Construction Company (local)
- Astaldi (Italy)/Ozkar Insaat Sanayl Ve Ticaret (Turkey)
Omran awarded the local Al-Awazi International a RO2.7m ($7m) contract for the site preparation and enabling works package for the convention and exhibition centre project in October last year.
In April 2010, UK-based RMJM was awarded the main consultancy contract, which involves design and engineering work for the project. Canada’s Hanscomb & Company is the quantity surveyor. US-based WATG is masterplanning the development.