At least nine consortiums have been prequalified for the real-estate project in Doha
Local developer Musheireb Properties has set a bid submission date of 12 September for the phase 1b construction package on its QR20bn ($5.5bn) Musheireb real-estate project in Doha.
Musheireb Properties, previously known as Dohaland, issued tender documents in March with an initial bid deadline in May. But the submission date was extended indefinitely due to the complexity of the tender.
Phase 1b of the urban regeneration project will involve the construction of a multi-use cultural forum, offices, hotel and serviced apartments, shopping district, townhouses, school and a mosque.
At least nine groups have prequalified for the tender.
The prequalified consortiums include:
- Aktor (Greece)/Aljaber Engineering (local)
- Arabtec Construction (UAE)/Arabtec Construction (Qatar)
- Carillion (UK)/Qatar Building Company (QBC) (local)
- GS Engineering & Construction (South Korea)/Al-Huda Engineering (local)
- Multiplex (Australia)/Medgulf Construction (local)
- Six Construct (Belgium)/Midmac Contracting Company (local)
- Samsung C&T (South Korea)/Redco Construction (local)
- Strabag (Austria)/HBK Contracting Company (local)
- Taisei Corporation (Japan)/Redco International (local)
The Musheireb project will be completed in five phases, with the entire project scheduled to be completed by 2016.
In April last year, Dohaland awarded a QR1.6bn contract to the joint venture of South Korea’s Hyundai Engineering & Construction Company and the local HBK Contracting Company to build phase 1a of the development (MEED 26:4:10).
The initial phase involves the construction of the Diwan Amiri Quarter, which includes the Diwan Annex, Amiri Guard and the National Archive, plus a heritage quarter, that includes the Eid prayer ground and four heritage houses.
The 750,000-square-metre Musheireb development is one of the largest real-estate schemes in the capital. It will be built behind the Emiri Diwan administrative centre on Doha corniche. The scheme will also include an interchange for Doha’s proposed metro system.
Musheireb Properties is part of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science & Community Development.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.