At least eight groups have submitted bids for the tender
Contractors have submitted commercial bids for the phase 1c construction contract on the QR20bn ($5.5bn) Msheireb real estate development in Doha.
Local developer Msheireb Properties received commercial submissions from at least eight groups on 11 June. The contractors had submitted the technical part of the tender on 12 March.
Groups that submitted proposals include:
- Aktor (Greece)/Aljaber Engineering (local)
- Arabtec Construction (UAE)/Arabtec Construction (Qatar)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC)/Qatar Arabian Construction Company (QACC) (local)
- Multiplex (Australia)/Medgulf Construction (local)
- Six Construct (Belgium)/Midmac Contracting Company (local)
- Samsung C&T (South Korea)/Redco Construction (local)
- Bam Higgs & Hill (Netherlands) /HBK Contracting Company (local)
- Taisei Corporation (Japan)/Redco International (local)
Phase 1c will include construction of residential apartments, office buildings and a school.
Msheireb Properties recently received technical submissions for the contract to build second phase of the mixed-use project. The developer received technical bids from contractors on 21 May. Commercial bids for the second phase are due in on the 18 June.
The second phase will comprise 10 mixed-use buildings, which will cover a total area of 144,888 square metres. This is scheduled to include 68,500 sq m of retail and 27,000 sq m of commercial office space, as well as 24,000 sq m of residential space and a 25,388 sq m hotel.
The 750,000-sq m Msheireb development is one of the largest real estate schemes in the capital. It will be built behind the Emiri Diwan administrative centre on Doha corniche. The scheme will also include an interchange for Doha’s proposed metro system.
Msheireb Properties, the client for the project, was previously known as Dohaland and is part of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science & Community Development.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.