Kuwait’s Electricity & Water Ministry has extended the deadline for bids to build two of its planned water projects.The deadlines for bids for both projects have been repeatedly delayed.
The first tender covers the construction and maintenance of a drinking water complex at Al-Zour.
Interested parties now have until 11 May to respond to the Al-Zour 2 tender instead of the previous 9 March deadline.
The ministry has prequalified various companies and groups for the project. The prequalifiers include:
- Hitachi Corporation (Japan)
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting (local)
- SK Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- ABB (Switzerland)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- SNC Lavalin (Canada)
- Marubeni Corporation (Japan)
- Saipem (Italy)
- The Arab Contractors (Egypt)
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction (South Korea)
The second contract is for the construction and maintenance of two reinforced concrete ground tanks for fresh water. The tanks are to have a capacity of 80 million gallons each.
The deadline for this tender is now 18 April as opposed to the initial 28 March date.