Contractors are preparing to submit bids by 15 January for a contract to build a mixed use development at the Abu Dhabi Trade Centre on Abu Dhabi Island overlooking the nearby Reem Island.
The prospective bidders are:
- Al-Fara’a General Construction Company (local)
- Arabian Construction Company (ACC) (local/Lebanon)
- Catic (China)
- Ghantoot General Contracting (local)
- Man Enterprises (Lebanon)
- Commodore contracting company (local)
Known as the phase 3 expansion, the project involves building a 25-storey residential tower and a 22-level serviced apartment building with a total built up area of about 123,000 square metres.
Local hotel operator Rotana will manage the property. Rotana already manages the beach hotel at Abu Dhabi Trade Centre, which also comprises Abu Dhabi Mall.
The consultant is the local Arenco. The local SSPD is the client.
In 2006 SSPD awarded ACC the estimated AED2bn ($545m) contract to build Etihad towers, a mixed-use development on a site opposite the Emirates Palace hotel.