The local developer Msheireb Properties has extended the submission date for bids on the first and second phases of the $5.5bn Msheireb Downtown Doha project.
The deadline for commercial submissions for phase 1 c of the project has been extended to 11 June. The developer received technical submissions from at least seven groups on 12 March.
Groups that submitted technical proposals include:
- Aktor (Greece)/Aljaber Engineering (local)
- Arabtec Construction (UAE)/Arabtec Construction (Qatar)
- Multiplex (Australia)/Medgulf Construction (local)
- Six Construct (Belgium)/Midmac Contracting Company (local)
- Samsung C&T (South Korea)/Redco Construction (local)
- Bam Higgs & Hill (Netherlands) /HBK Contracting Company (local)
- Taisei Corporation (Japan)/Redco International (local)
Phase 1 c will include construction of residential apartments, office buildings and a school.
Msheireb Properties has also further extended the submission date for technical and commercial bids for phase 2 of the real estate scheme. Contractors have until the 21 May to submit technical bids and the 28 May to submit commercial bids.
The second phase will comprise 10 mixed-use buildings, which will cover a total area of 144,888 square metres. This is scheduled to include 68,500 sq m of retail and 27,000 sq m of commercial office space, as well as 24,000 sq m of residential space and a 25,388 sq m hotel.
The 750,000-sq m Msheireb development is one of the largest real estate schemes in the capital. It will be built behind the Emiri Diwan administrative centre on Doha corniche. The scheme will also include an interchange for Doha’s proposed metro system.
The client for the project is Msheireb Properties. It was previously known as Dohaland and is part of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science & Community Development.