Dubai Municipality has extended the tender closing date for the main pumping station package on its Jebel Ali stormwater network project to 23 July.
The original submission date was 28 May.
The prequalifiers for the pumping station project, known as package 1, are:
- Besix (Belgium)
- Odebrecht (Brazil)/Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Lebanon)
- Vinci Construction (France)
- Archirodon (Greece)
- Larsen & Toubro (India) / Samsung Engineering (South Korea)
In May, Dubai Municipality received bids for the main tunnel package for the stormwater network.
The bidders are:
- Bouygues (France)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)/Acciona (Spain)
- Porr (Austria)/Besix (Belgium)
- Salini Impregilo (Italy)
- Samsung C+T (South Korea)/Ghella (Italy)
- Strabag (Austria)/Gulermak (Turkey)
The 12km-long section of tunnel is also referred to as package 2. It is understood that Dubai Municipality plans to award the contract over the summer.
The stormwater tunnel network has been identified as a key project to prevent any future flooding of Al-Maktoum International airport and the surrounding area, which will include the Expo 2020 site.
The stormwater network is one of three major deep-tunnel projects Dubai Municipality is planning to undertake.
The project owner is preparing to develop two major deep-tunnel sewer networks in the Deira and Bur Dubai areas of the emirate, which will be similar to the under-construction strategic tunnel enhancement programme (STEP) project in neighbouring Abu Dhabi.