Contractors will now submit prices on 26 August
Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (Dewa) has extended the submission deadline for a contract to build reservoirs in Dubai to 26 August.
The original tender closing date for the contract, which will be split into two phases, was 23 July. Once completed, the reservoirs will have a capacity of 120 million gallons. It will be built at Lusaily.
The companies that have collected tender documents include:
- Arco General Contracting (local)
- Al-Hijaz Mechanical Equipment Company (local)
- Pratibha Industries (India)
- Nagarjuna Construction Company (India)
- Al-Wasit Road Contracting (local)
- Amplex Emirates (local)
- Mabani General Contracting Company (Saudi Arabia)
- Green Oasis General Contracting Company (local)
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting (Kuwait)
- United Engineering Construction (UNEC) (local)
The consultant is Singapore-based Meinhardt.
Dewa is expected to complete a similar project at Ghafat by the end of this year. It awarded the contract to build the 120 million-gallon reservoir to Pratibha Industries in 2010, after the Indian contract submitted a low bid of AED286m ($78m).
An even earlier reservoir project involved Dewa expanding the capacity of the Mushrif water reservoir by 180 million gallons. The contractor that completed that scheme was the local Mammut Building Systems.