- Owner Agence Nationale des Autoroutes
- Parent Project East-West Motorway Highway
- Location Algeria
- Status Execution
- Classification Road, Interchange, Transport Infrastructure
- Contract ($m) $3,669m
- Contract Type Build, Operate, Transfer (BOT)
- Main Contract Completion Q3 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Algeria’s Ministry of Public Works is building a 1,216km East-West Highway running across northern Algeria. Phase 2 of the road network covers 930km of the project.
The current road system suffers from bottlenecks and without an upgrade, cannot cope with traffic levels. It is also hindering access to the more remote parts of the country. Once completed, the Algerian government hopes the six-lane East-West Highway will help improve road safety and attract additional investment into the region. It will also support most of Algeria’s overland trade and form part of the planned trans-Maghreb highway.
Package 1 covers the 359km western section between, Khemis Meliana and the border with Morocco plus associated facilities.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.