Oman’s Public Authority for Electricity & Water has received eight bids to build a desalination facility at a site at Manadhif in the Al-Wusta region.
Bids were received by 3 May following several deadline extensions from 12 April (MEED 12:4:10).
The following companies submitted bids to build the project:
- Desert Line Projects (local) – OMR2.26m ($5.8m)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting (local) – OMR1.97m
- Al-Matar Trading & Contracting (local) – OMR1.95m
- Hasan bin Juma bin Backer Trading & Contracting Company (local) – OMR2.69m
- Oman National Engineering & Investment Company (local) – OMR1.80m
- Al-Ansari Trading Enterprise (local) – OMR1.86m
- Al-Taher Group – Electromechanics (local) – OMR2.70m
- Towell al-Zawraa Engineering Services (local) – OMR2.19m
The only company to be prequalified, but has not bid is the local Gharbia Enterprises.