Saudi Fund for Development to provide majority of funding
At least 23 groups, mostly comprising a joint venture of international and Bahraini or Saudi contractors, have sought to prequalify for the contract.
Groups that applied for prequalification in October last year include individual firms as well as joint ventures. They include:
- Abdul Ali Al-Ajmi (Saudi Arabia)
- Al-Hassanain (local) / Al-Mutawa (UAE) / Six Construct (UAE)
- Boskalis Westminster (Netherlands)
- China Communications (China) / Ahmed Mansoor al-Ali Group (local)
- Dogus Construction (Turkey) / Al-Mabani General Contracting (Saudi Arabia)
- Dredging International (Belgium)
- Eastern Trading & Sayed Kadhem Al-Durazi & Sons (local)
- Futai Arabia (Saudi Arabia)
- Great Lakes Dredge (US) / Abid al-Habashi (Saudi Arabia)
- ILK Construction (Turkey) / Ibn Omairah (Saudi Arabia)
- Jan De Nul (Netherlands)
- Kolin Insaat (Turkey)
- Mohd al-Mohsin al-Kharafi (Kuwait)
- Nass Contracting (local) / Saudi Archirodon (Greece-Saudi Arabia)
- National Marine Dredging Company (UAE)
- Rohde Nielsen A/S (Denmark) / Azmeel (Saudi Arabia) / Down Town Construction (local)
- Saad Al-Mobty & Partners (Saudi Arabia)
- Sacyr Construction (Spain) / Al-Arrab Contracting (Saudi Arabia)
- Saudi Binladin Group (Saudi Arabia)
- Shade Corporation (Saudi Arabia)
- Terna Contracting (Greece) / Al-Saad General Contracting (Saudi Arabia)
- Van Oord (Netherlands)
- Vision Development (local)
The Works Ministry has not released the list of companies that were prequalified.
The road project entails many components apart from the reclamation package.
A subsequent tender is expected to be released for the construction of major roads, a signature marine bridge for the fourth Manama-Muharraq crossing, grade-separated interchanges and installation of various services.
Saudi Fund for Development is providing the majority of funding for the entire project.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.