Bahrains Works, Municipalities & Urban Planning Ministry has received proposals for the revetment and reclamation works on the second phase of the North Manama Causeway and Busaiteen link road project.
At least 23 groups, mostly joint ventures of international and Bahraini or Saudi contractors, sought to prequalify for the contract in October last year.
Firms that applied for prequalification include:
- Abdul Ali al-Ajmi (Saudi Arabia)
- Al-Hassanain (local) / Al-Mutawa (UAE) / Six Construct (UAE)
- Boskalis Westminster (Netherlands)
- China Communications (China) / Ahmed Mansoor al-Ali Group (local)
- Dogus Construction (Turkey) / Al-Mabani General Contracting (Saudi Arabia)
- Dredging International (Belgium)
- Eastern Trading & Sayed Kadhem al-Durazi & Sons (local)
- Futai Arabia (Saudi Arabia)
- Great Lakes Dredge (US) / Abid al-Habashi (Saudi Arabia)
- ILK Construction (Turkey) / Ibn Omairah (Saudi Arabia)
- Jan De Nul (Netherlands)
- Kolin Insaat (Turkey)
- Mohd al-Mohsin al-Kharafi (Kuwait)
- Nass Contracting (local) / Saudi Archirodon (Greece-Saudi Arabia)
- National Marine Dredging Company (UAE)
- Rohde Nielsen A/S (Denmark) / Azmeel (Saudi Arabia) / Down Town Construction (local)
- Saad Al-Mobty & Partners (Saudi Arabia)
- Sacyr Construction (Spain) / Al-Arrab Contracting (Saudi Arabia)
- Saudi Binladin Group (Saudi Arabia)
- Shade Corporation (Saudi Arabia)
- Terna Contracting (Greece) / Al-Saad General Contracting (Saudi Arabia)
- Van Oord (Netherlands)
- Vision Development (local)
The road project entails many components in addition to the reclamation package.
A subsequent tender is expected to be released for the construction of major roads, a signature marine bridge for the fourth Manama-Muharraq crossing, grade-separated interchanges and the installation of various services.
The Saudi Fund for Development is providing the majority of funding for the entire project.