Eight of the 28 prequalified groups attended a site visit for the planned 1GW Al-Dibdah photovoltaic (PV) solar project in Kuwait, for which bids are due later this month.
The client for the project, Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC), has extended the bid submission date to 29 January. The previous submission date was 16 December.
According to information obtained by MEED Projects, eight groups attended a site visit in late November.
The groups that attended the site visit were:
• China CAMC Engineering, Gransolar (Spain)
• TSK Electronica Y Electricidad (Spain), EOSOL Energy (Spain)
• Power Construction Corporation of China
• Alghanim International Trading / Maessa Telecommunications (Spain) / Ingenieria (Spain)
• Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Lebanon) / Prodiel (Spain)
• Orascom (Egypt) / TBEA (China)
• Metallurgical Corporation of China
• Shanghai Electric Company (China), China Triumph International Engineering
The project, which is planned to be developed under an engineering, procurement and construction plus finance (EPC+F) contract, has attracted the interest of major regional and international developers and contractors.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.