Saudi Aramco has awarded UAE-based contractor NPCC the contract to install 10 oil and gas jackets across the Marjan, Safaniya and Abu Safah fields, according to industry sources.
The contract was tendered in March in a document entitled Bid Invite 32.
Contractors approved as part of Aramco’s long-term agreement (LTA) programme were invited to bid for the contract.
LTA-approved contractors are:
- Saipem (Italy)
- Larsen & Toubro Hydrocarbon Engineering (India)/Subsea 7 (UK)
- Dynamic Industries (Saudi Arabia)
- McDermott International (US)
- National Petroleum Construction Company (UAE)
The scope of the work includes:
- Installation of oil and gas jackets
- Tie-in platforms
- Associated offshore gas facilities
- Associated facilities
Earlier this month MEED revealed that NPCC has submitted the lowest bid for a contract to build a desalter train in Kuwait.
The bid price for the project is $232m and the client is Kuwait Oil Company (KOC).
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.