Ferrostaal sells first cable recycling plant in UAE

14 March 2010

Gulf Star Metals buys facility in Ajman from Abu Dhabi-controlled Ferrostaal

Germany’s Ferrostaal has sold its first UAE-based cable recycling plant to local Gulf Star Metals in the emirate of Ajman.

The plant supplied by Danish manufacturer Eldan is capable of processing around 2.5 tonnes of cables per hour, according to a statement from the firm. Once the different materials that make up the cables are separated they can be recycled.

Ferrostaal builds plants for recycling cable waste as well as old tyres, aluminium and magnesium scrap from refrigerators, and electrical and electronic equipment.

The Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund, the International Petroleum Investment Company, owns 70 per cent of Ferrostaal with Man from Germany owning the remaining 30 per cent.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications