Naphtha hydrotreater and continuous catalytic reformer will be suppied under new agreement
- Axens selected by Assiut Oil Refining Company
- Project will have capacity to process 660,000 tonnes a year of naphtha
- Oil products produced by facility will have low sulphur content
Egypts state-owned Asyut Oil Refining Company (ASORC) has selected Frances Axens to provide technology for its planned upgrade to the Asyut oil refinery.
In a statement released on 16 June, Axens said it will provide:
- Naphtha hydrotreater
- Continuous catalytic reformer
- C5/C6 isomerisation unit with deisohexaniser recycle unit
Axens will also provide catalysts, adsorbents, equipment and technical support.
Under current plans, the project will have the capacity to process 660,000 tonnes a year (t/y) of naphtha.
ASORC is a subsidiary of Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.