- Axens selected by Assiut Oil Refining Company
- Project will have capacity to process 660,000 tonnes a year of naphtha
- Oil products produced by facility will have low sulphur content
Egypts state-owned Asyut Oil Refining Company (ASORC) has selected Frances Axens to provide technology for its planned upgrade to the Asyut oil refinery.
In a statement released on 16 June, Axens said it will provide:
- Naphtha hydrotreater
- Continuous catalytic reformer
- C5/C6 isomerisation unit with deisohexaniser recycle unit
Axens will also provide catalysts, adsorbents, equipment and technical support.
Under current plans, the project will have the capacity to process 660,000 tonnes a year (t/y) of naphtha.
ASORC is a subsidiary of Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).