Fresh prices for Zadco project

29 November 2002

Five international companies submitted revised commercial bids on 25 November for a contract to carry out a conceptual study to expand the capacity of the oil processing facilities on Zirku island off Abu Dhabi (MEED 6:9:02; 16:8:02).

The bidders are Mott MacDonald of the UK, Tebodin Middle East, part of Tebodin of the Netherlands, Paris-based Technip-Coflexip, Australia's Worley and Foster Wheeler and VECO, both US-based.

The project is aimed at increasing capacity of the processing facilities to 700,000 barrels a day (b/d) by 2005 from 600,000 b/d, through debottlenecking of the three existing trains and a standby unit.

The four-phase contract involves identifying the hazardous operations of the existing oil, gas and water separation facilities and the bottlenecks; proposing modifications to increase output; and carrying out basic engineering for the proposed project.

The client is offshore operator Zakum Development Company (Zadco), which is 88 per cent owned by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company with the remaining 12 per cent held by Japan Oil Development Company (MEED 12:7:02).

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications