- Owner Sonatrach
- Parent Project Gassi Touil Integrated LNG Project
- Location Algeria, Ouargla Province, Ouargla
- Status Execution
- Classification Gas Extraction, Gas Production
- Contract ($m) $2,800m
- Contract Type EPC
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Sonatrach is building an integrated liquefied natural gas (LNG) project involving the exploration, production, liquefaction and marketing of LNG from Gassi Touil, under a 30-year production and development contract.
The gas will be sourced from fields in the northern and southern zones, which together contain an estimated 9 trillion cubic feet
- Northern zone : Brides, Nezla and Gassi El Adem
- Southern zone : Nezla South, Hassi-Touareg (North and South) and Toual fields
There is also a downstream phase to the project, to build a new LNG plant at Arzew, near the Djedid export terminal, which is covered separately.
Scope for the upstream package includes:
- Field development and appraisal work (6 fields)
- Drilling of 52 development wells
- Surface installations to process 777 million cubic feet per gas of raw gas
- Infrastructure to transport 630 million cubic feet per gas of processed gas
- Management of 16 existing wells
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.