- Project is worth $689m
- Contract was awarded in August 2014
- Geotechnical surveys are ongoing
Construction work on Kuwait Oil Companys (KOC) Gathering Centre 29 is expected to start in October 2015, according to a source close to the project.
The contract is worth $689m and was awarded to UK-based Petrofac in August 2014.
Currently geotechnical surveys are ongoing and temporary offices are being constructed.
Land grading is also taking place to prepare for construction.
The contract for Gathering Centre 29 was one of three gathering centre contracts awarded in August 2014.
The winners of the contracts were:
- Gathering Centre 29 Petrofac (UK), KD194.2m ($689m)
- Gathering Centre 30 Larsen & Toubro (India), KD239.7m
- Gathering Centre 31 Dodsal Group (UAE-based), KD228.1m
The projects are part of a larger strategy to boost production capacity in the north of Kuwait.