The increase was driven by the Qatari and Iraqi markets, which recorded a growth of 2.8 per cent and 11.8 per cent respectively.
The $4bn rise in the value of Iraqi projects was triggered by signs of renewed activity around South Oil Company’s West Qurna field development scheme.
Table: Gulf projects ($m)
|18 February 2008||11 February 2008||% change on week||18 February 2007||% change on year|
For further information visit meedprojects.com
MEED Projects, tracking $1.7trillion worth of projects, is a subscriber-only service that provides comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate project information. Monitor industry and business development opportunities through market data tailored to your needs.
Be the first to know about new projects; we provide the data so you can win the business.
Subscribe to MEED Projects and benefit from:
-Immediate information on current and future business opportunities
– Contact details for all the key decision makers
– Market data that you can search and tailor to track future activity
– Comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate project information
– The ability to monitor industry and business development opportunities
– Account Managers to ensure you get the most from MEED Projects
If you would like to see a demo of MEED Projects, or just want to find out more, register your details here – http://www.meedprojects.com/helpcentre.aspx or call +971 (0) 4 367 1302.