The work involves constructing five hospitality buildings including a five-star hotel, four serviced apartment buildings, a large ballroom, a marina and landscaping works. The total above-ground built-up area is about 160,000 square metres.
HLG won the estimated AED400m ($109m) substructure contract in July 2011. The work involves the construction of a four-level basement for the development, which is located on the banks of Dubai creek in the Port Saeed area of Deira, next to Al-Maktoum bridge.
The piling works were completed by the local APCC. Germanys Kling Consult is the consultant for the architectural design, structural engineering, landscape design and quantity surveying.
Overall, the development will have 18 main buildings surrounding a marina when it is completed. The buildings comprise:
- A convention centre with ballroom and recreation centre
- A 17-storey luxury hotel
- A 17-storey four-star hotel and serviced apartment building
- Eight 19-storey apartment buildings
- Three 17-storey office towers
- Four 19-storey serviced apartment buildings
The client is the local Dubai International Real Estate.