Hyundai, Samsung win UAE power-plant contract

29 March 2010

Hyundai Engineering & Construction and Samsung C&T have been awarded a $5.59bn contract to build nuclear-power plants in Abu Dhabi, Bloomberg has reported. The companies plan to complete the plants by May 2020 for Korea Electric Power Corp, Hyundai Engineering and Samsung C&T said in regulatory filings today. Hyundai Engineering will get 55% of the order and Samsung C&T the remaining 45%, according to the news service.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications