- Owner Abu Dhabi Gas Industries (Gasco)
- Parent Project Integrated Gas Development
- Location UAE, Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Western Region
- Status Execution
- Classification Gas Extraction, Gas Production
- Contract ($m) $2,200m
- Contract Type Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q3 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
The Integrated Gas Development (IGD) Scheme aims to provide sales gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs) for Abu Dhabi, as well as providing a permanent link between offshore and onshore facilities.
A new fourth NGL fractionation train at Ruwais will be installed to process a portion of the NGL products. The new NGL Train in Ruwais will have the capacity to process and fractionate about 27,000 tonnes a day of NGL and LPG.
It will provide five products: raw ethane, propane, butane, pentane and pentane plus hydrocarbons, and liquid sulphur. The raw ethane will be used as feedstock for future expansions of the Ruwais Petrochemical Complex for ethylene and polyethylene production.
- Research MEED’s archive on the Ruwais 4th NGL Train Package