Iranians sign Damavand power plant deal

02 September 2008
Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) and the Iran Power Projects Management Company (Mapna) have signed a memorandum of understanding to build a power plant for the Damavand petrochemicals company.

Under the Eur1.2bn ($1.8bn) deal, Mapna will build a plant with capacity of 1,900MW of power and 3,160 tonnes an hour of steam.

The power and steam from the plant will supply petrochemicals projects at Assaluyeh, in Bushehr province in the south of the country.

The project is 80 per cent funded by NPC with the remaining 20 per cent provided by Mapna. The construction of the plant is expected to take five years.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications