- Owner Kuwait Oil Company
- Location Kuwait, Al-Ahmadi Governorate, Mina Al-Ahmadi
- Status Execution
- Classification Gas Extraction, Gas Production
- Contract ($m) $1,556m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2015
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) is building the second phase of its first non-associated gas production programme, to produce gas from Kuwait’s northern oil fields.
The second phase of the early production facilities will produce condensate and 425 million cubic feet a day (cf/d) of gas, increasing production to 150,000 barrels a day (b/d) of crude oil and 600 million cubic feet a day (cf/d) of gas.
The early production facilities project is part of KOC’s plans to process sour crude and blend it with sweet crude from its oil fields in the north, south and southeast. Production capacity is more than 2.4 million b/d, which KOC plans to increase to 4 million b/d by 2020.
The first early production facilities project was awarded to Safwan Petroleum Technologies in 2006 on a five-year build-operate basis.