Bids due in September for $250m project to build water pipelines
State-controlled Kuwait Oil Company has named 7 September as the main contract bid submission date for a project to build pipelines and associated works for injection wells at the Minagish oil field.
The projects budget is $250m and the main engineering, procurement and construction contract is expected to be awarded in December 2014.
The work includes:
- Site survey
- Slit trenching
- Finalising the pipelines route
- Design and engineering
- Pre-construction studies
- Procurement and supply of all materials
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning of carbon steel pipelines for Minagish injection wells and reinforced thermosetting resin pipe (RTRP) pipelines for water wells at Abdulliyah Aquifer Water Source Well
- All associated electrical, instrumentation, civil works
- Associated heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) works
The project has been divided into two portions.
The first comprises of injection wells and water wells in West Kuwait and the second comprises of emergency brackish water supply to the Kuwaits North Tank Farm.
The following companies have prequalified for the project:
- Gulf International General Trading & Contracting Co.
- Contractors Union Co.
- O & G Engineering General Trading & Contracting Co.
- ABJ Engineering & Contracting Co.
- Integrated Services Mechanical Contracting & Instrumentation Co.
- Al-Khada Integrated General Trading & Contracting Co.
- Al-Kharafi National Co.
- House of Trade Engineering & Construction Co.
- Heavy Engineering Industries & Shipbuilding Co.
- Alghanim Intl. General Trading & Contracting Co.
- Al-Kulaib Intl. Trading Co.
- Combined Group Contracting Co.
- Almeer Technical Services Co.
- Mechanical Engineering & Contracting Co.
- Bader Al-Mulla & Bros. Co.
- Hamdan Al-Khada General Trading & Contracting Co.
- Khalifa Duaij Al-Dabous & Bros. Co. Ltd.
- Spic Gulf General Trading & Contracting Co.
- Sayed Hameed Behbehani & Sons Co.
- Safwan Petroleum Technologies Co.
- Tareq Alghanim General Trading & Contracting Co.
- KC Engineering & Contracting Co.
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Co.
- Finesco Intl. General Trading & Contracting Co.
- Mohammed Abdulmohsen Al-Kharafi General Trading
- General Contracting and Industrial Facilities Co.
- Nasser Al-Baddah & Partner General Trading & Contracting Co.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.