Kuwait’s Electricity & Water Ministry has extended the deadline for bids to build and maintain a drinking water complex at Al-Zour.
The deadline is now 24 August following several extensions of the cut-off date. Bids were originally scheduled to be submitted by 21 April 2009.
The ministry has prequalified various companies and groups for the Al-Zour 2 project. The prequalifiers include:
- Hitachi Corporation (Japan)
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting (local)
- SK Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- ABB (Switzerland)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- SNC Lavalin (Canada)
- Marubeni Corporation (Japan)
- Saipem (Italy)
- The Arab Contractors (Egypt)
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction (South Korea)
The successful bidder will construct, complete and maintain the Al-Zour 2 complex.