Kuwait University (KU) has extended the bid submission date for the contract to build, operate and manage two service stations and annexed buildings at the new $3bn Sabah al-Salem University campus to 9 November.
The previous submission date was 26 October. It is believed that the extension has been given to give contractors more time to work on their submissions.
The prequalified contractors for the construction package include:
- Athens-based Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC)
- Sinohydro Corporation (China)
- Nurol Construction & Trading Company (Turkey)
- SNC Lavalin UK (UK) and Alamiah Building Company (local)
- Sembawang Engineers & Constructors (Singapore)
- Saudi Binladin Group (Saudi Arabia)
- Orascom Construction Industries (Egypt)
- SK Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- Posco Engineering & Construction Company (South Korea)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
The work involves the construction of the faculty buildings and associated facilities, site improvements and landscape development. Both colleges will comprise five-storey academic buildings, faculty offices and administrative office buildings.
The Sabah al-Salem campus will be located at Shadadiyah, 20km west of Kuwait City (MEED 25:10:10).